The 17th Annual Cesar Chavez March, Sacramento will be hosted by Labor Council for Latin American Advancement, Sacramento Chapter and DSA will be there to show support and march to continue to honor the legacy of Cesar Chavez & The Labor Movement.
"WE Support a Worker's Right to Organize, Boycott and Fightback!!"
*** Fun For All Ages ***
We will begin our rally and short program at Southside Park at 10:00am and March to a location TBA for an Activist Festival and hear from key speakers who reflect the values and struggles of Cesar Chavez and the Labor Movement.
THE MARCH: (Route TBA)
Bring your banners and signs with your family and friends and March with Activists, Organizers, Aztec Dancers, Marching Band, Loweriders and more...
THE ACTIVIST FESTIVAL: (Location TBA)
Hear from Labor leaders and community activists of what our current generation's struggles are and how to get involved.
EDUTAINMENT: Live Performances TBA
*Mexica Dancers ("Aztec Dance") give an opening blessing and lead the March to the festival.
* Lowriders - See some of the best Lowriders Sacramento has to offer from different local car clubs.
* Kids Activities
* Local Vender Booths (Application Upon Request) Native Jewelry, Art, clothing & more
* lnfo Booth
* Voter Registration Table (Non-Partisan)
* Food Taco Trucks & More
- Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 01:00 PM
- Broadway Coffee in Sacramento, CA
Health care is a basic human need. An effective health care system that spends wisely and covers everyone is critical for public health, safety and economic security. A single-payer health care system covers everyone. It has succeeded in countries throughout the developed world. Single payer essentially pools all health care dollars, negotiates prices and pays all bills. Health Care for All - California is working to achieve universal health care through a publicly financed single-payer system. The single-payer movement - often called the civil rights movement of our generation - needs you now. Please join us to make this a reality!
This is an event hosted by Sacramento Transit Riders Union, not DSA Sacramento. Description below:
Join us as we kickoff the launch of our Sacramento Transit Riders Union!
What is a Transit Riders Union? It's simple really.
A TRANSIT RIDERS UNION is an independent, democratic, member-run union of transit riders organizing for a better public transit system in SACRAMENTO.
Sacramento Transit Riders Union Campaign
• Developing and conducting an independent Transit Riders’ Survey, to be conducted on board with computer tablets using industry standard survey program to capture and aggregate data in order to facilitate policy, systems, and organizational change at regional transit;
• Create and distribute community educational informational outreach materials;
• Facilitate the formation of a robust Sacramento Transit Riders Union (Sac TRU) made up of regional transit riders, workers, community coalition partners & others to participate in decisions affecting system wide services;
• Increase investment in making service more affordable and extensive, restoring past cuts;
• Hosting public community meetings to train individuals from impacted transit communities on how to engage effectively in public transportation advocacy, communicate with RT, and to join the Sacramento Transit Riders Union (Sac T.R.U.).
We will be organizing, training and mobilizing community volunteers to conduct the survey over the next 3 months.
Our strategy to address public transit deficiencies includes an extensive education and outreach campaign in underserved neighborhoods and on transit routes, a comprehensive media campaign including a website, social media pages and informational outreach printed materials. As Sac TRU, we will collectively build power to advocate effectively with the decision makers at our transit agency to ensure that our riders and workers demands are met.
We have already begun coordinating outreach and education efforts with groups such as 350 Sacramento, the Environmental Council of Sacramento and other local advocacy organizations & unions. To accomplish all of our goals, we need you to join us!
- Sunday, April 02, 2017 at 04:00 PM
- Organize Sacramento
Sac DSA's biweekly Socialist Feminist Reading Group is happening yet again. In this installment we will be discussing the idea of primitive accumulation. The readings and questions tbd.
As you learned from our initial meeting, there is a great need for rent control in Sacramento. We are excited about the opportunity to partner with Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment (ACCE) — their expertise in building a successful campaign will be invaluable.
At our next meeting, we will discuss our next steps. The bill to repeal Costa-Hawkins, AB-1506, will be moving through the Assembly Housing and Community Development Committee, so we will need to discuss letter writing and phone calls to legislators, as well as planning for lobby days at the Capitol.
Between now and the 11th, there is absolutely work that you can start immediately!
Start talking to your friends and neighbors about housing insecurity. Let them know that Sacramento is currently one of the most competitive rental markets in the nation, and with extremely little development happening except at the upper end of market rate, rents will only continue to skyrocket.
Most importantly, let them know that they should come on April 11 to join the fight to maintain affordability for all in Sacramento!
- Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 01:00 PM
- McClatchy Park in Sacramento, CA
Health care is a basic human need. An effective health care system that spends wisely and covers everyone is critical for public health, safety and economic security. A single-payer health care system covers everyone. It has succeeded in countries throughout the developed world. Single payer essentially pools all health care dollars, negotiates prices and pays all bills. Health Care for All - California is working to achieve universal health care through a publicly financed single-payer system. The single-payer movement - often called the civil rights movement of our generation - needs you now. Please join us to make this a reality.